The firm of Joseph Bourne was founded in 1840 and by 1849
were listed at 5 Whittall St. Birmingham. In 1867 they were listed at
9 St. Mary's row, in the heart of the Birmingham gunmaking quarter.
By 1912 Joseph Bourne & Son, Gun and Cycle works were located in a
prominent position at the corner of Bath St. and Loveday St (100 - 101
Bath St, see below).
They continued until the late 1950's.